Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lost: Via Domus

Lost, in my opinion, is a great television show. Since I love the series so much, I decided to rent the video game, Lost: Via Domus. It starts out like any other Lost episode, with a questioning/dramatic scene. The game then shows "Lost" floating eerily off the screen. After you get started with the game, you'll soon realize the gameplay is often dull and boring. The only way you will enjoy this game is if you are a huge Lost fan (like me). So I, even though it was short, liked it.

The storyline is very interesting, but confusing, just like the show. Without giving any spoilers away; the ending will get you thinking...a lot. On the side of someone who doesn't watch the show you will be wandering around for hours trying to figure out what the heck is going on and probably give up because of frustration and maybe even boredom, so be careful.

Getting slightly deeper into the gameplay, there are only a few types of puzzles, almost no action, and dull items that riddle this video game. It does have its moment s though; like when you have to run threw the jungle jumping over logs and sliding under tree trunks from a big monster made of black smoke. I thought that was one of the best parts in a very lacking and overall weak video game.

I know this game is based off of a great TV series, but be careful with this game and you might want to stick to the TV, if you're looking for some great Lost action! Overall I will give this game a 4.75 out of 10. Lost fans rent it, but there is no reason for anyone to buy it.
Lost: Via Domus Trailer

Written by GatheringofGamers.com Member: Sn1pe Warman

1 comment:

Pet training guru said...

I agree damn good serie but they messed up trying to make this game.

Camilla
http://popularvideogame.com